Tea tree oil is one of those staples every natural home should have. From using it as a home remedy or in your cleaning regime, it is really a very versatile thing to have on hand. Tea tree oil or sometimes referred to as melaleuca is known for its antiseptic properties. Here are some top uses for tea tree oil.
1. Deodorant. Commercial deodorants contain aluminum which can cause all sorts of health issues. Look for a deodorant without aluminum and that contain tea tree oil.
2. Acne. To clear acne, use a few drops of tea tree oil with 20 to 30 drops of witch hazel. Keep in mind that tea tree oil can dry out your skin a bit, so use caution.
3. Foot odor and toenail fungus. Apply tea tree oil to discolored nail several times a day for several months.
4. Chicken pox. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil. Apply the mixture to the chicken pox sores.
5. Psoriasis and eczema. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil. Rub some of the mixture onto the sores a few times a day.
6. All purpose cleaning mixture. Take several drops of tea tree oil and mix it with your all purpose spray of water, vinegar, and lemon.
7. Mold cleaner. Do you have an issue with mold? Try diffusing some tea tree oil in a diffuser along with cleaning with your all purpose spray.
8. Cuts and infections. Tea tree oil mixed with lavender can be applied directly to a wound to speed in its healing.
9. Toothpaste. Tea tree oil mixed with baking soda and coconut oil can be a very effective toothpaste. It soothes aching gums and kills bacteria.
10. Sunburns. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to some aloe and your sunburn will heal quickly.
11. Lice. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo and this will deter a lice infestation.
12. Skin tags. Place a drop of tea tree oil to a skin tag and it will come off after some time.
13. Earaches. Add one drop of tea tree oil to one tablespoon of olive oil and mix. Drop some of the mixture into the ear and tilt your head for ten minutes.
14. Asthma. Add tea tree oil to your diffuser along with a humidifier and help your asthma symptoms.
15. Laundry freshener. Add a drop to your rinse cycle. Or you can add a few drops to your wool dryer balls.
Tea tree oil is such a versatile ingredient to have on hand for health and beauty as well as household concerns. Keep it on hand for everything!