If you’re looking for a good dessert to serve at a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, this is it. You can serve it on one plate with two spoons – how romantic is that?
Why is this cake dangerous? Because now that you have this recipe, you are forever only 5 minutes away from a warm and decadent piece of chocolate cake!
5-Minute Chocolate Cake
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Measure the flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large coffee mug; stir until well mixed. A mini whisk is perfect for this job.
- Stir in the egg, then the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Make sure you scrape the sides so that none of the dry ingredients stay at the bottom of the mug.
- Place in the microwave and cook on high power for 2 1/2 minutes; check the cake - if it is set on top, it is done. If not, microwave an additional 30 seconds. It will continue cooking when it is removed from the microwave, so don't overcook it.
- While the cake is baking, it will rise several inches over the top of the mug; this is as it should be.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for a minute or so while you retrieve the ice cream and toppings.
- Invert the mug onto a plate; if the cake doesn't fall out easily (it usually does), then run a knife around the edge and it will come out.
- Split the cake in half lengthwise and scoop ice cream down the middle.
- Drizzle with toppings if you like, then eat immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 221
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 6% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 109 mg
Sodium 1245 mg
Total Carbohydrate 41 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%