Looking for warm, comforting breakfast food? Here is a great heatlthy alternative. Be sure to experiment with your favorite spices and fruit. Use sugar free syrup.
What is nutritional yeast?
Nutritional yeast is a nutritional supplement used by vegans and health-conscious consumers as a condiment and recipe ingredient. Many vegans describe the taste of it as nutty, cheesy, or creamy, which is why it flavors vegan recipes in places of eggs or cheese. This yeast is rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein and can be found in bulk at health food stores and sold in a canister as a supplement. Try to add it to your diet!
For protein add scrambled eggs with cheese or turkey bacon or sauage.
1-1/2 cups soy milk
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
8 bread slices(use the high fiber kind)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, yeast, sweetener,spcices and vanilla vigorously.
2. Soak 1 slice of bread in batter until bread is gooey.
3. Fry in a non-stick pan or a lightly oiled frying pan on medium heat until golden then Flip and fry other side.
4. Repeat until batter is gone.
5. Garnish with fruit and maple syrup.
Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 6 g