Prep notes: Preheat the oven to 450° before you start meal preparation. Scrub and cut the potatoes; they require only a quick toss with a little vegetable oil and Cajun seasoning before they’re put in the oven. While they are cooking, you can prepare the frittata. When the frittata is ready for the oven, turn the temperature down to 350°. With the module already done, there’s very little chopping or other preparation needed.
Spicy Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Sausage Frittata
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces andouille sausage, cooked and sliced
8 ounces raw shrimp, tails removed
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups Basic Creole Sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the sausage.
- Cook over medium heat until browned, turning occasionally.
- Stir in the shrimp, then pour the eggs over all.
- Cook until the bottom is lightly browned, loosening the sides of the frittata during cooking to allow the eggs to run down underneath, 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the Basic Creole Sauce evenly over the omelet and place in the oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the center is just set.
- Remove the frittata from the oven, loosen the sides by sliding a knife around the outside, and slide out onto a serving platter.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 183
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 63% Protein 31% Carb. 6%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 389 mg
Sodium 728 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 23 g
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 14%