These parfaits can be assembled several hours ahead, and are great for breakfast, brunch, or even a light dessert. They are pretty enough for guests, and take advantage of seasonal fresh berries. While I usually make individual parfaits, this is a beautiful brunch buffet item when made in a large trifle bowl.
Fruit and Granola Parfaits
2 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt, or substitute lemon yogurt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
4 cups Homemade Fruit and Nut Granola
4 cups mixed berries
Additional Homemade Fruit and Nut Granola, for garnish
Fresh berries, for garnish
Mint leaves, for garnish
- Mix the yogurt and sour cream; set aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons homemade fruit and nut granola into the bottom of eight parfait glasses.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of the berries, then 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture.
- Repeat 3 more times in each of the parfait glasses, ending with the yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle with a little granola, then a fresh berry and a mint leaf.
- These parfaits can be assembled up to 4 hours ahead.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 246
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 10% Carb. 42%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 27 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 72 mg
Total Carbohydrate 54 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 13 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 111% Calcium 0% Iron 17%