No mixer is needed to prepare this springtime treat; just a whisk. It’s very easy, and, since it calls for basic ingredients that are most likely already in the kitchen, it won’t take more than about 10 minutes to gather the ingredients and mix them together.
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 lemon, seeds removed
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 cups fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Place the butter in a cast iron or other heavy 12” frying pan and put it in the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, salt, nutmeg, sugar, milk, vanilla, lemon extract, and eggs until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the oven, swirl the butter over the bottom of the pan, and pour the batter into the heated pan.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 18-25 minutes or until puffed and brown.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and squeeze the 1/2 lemon over the surface of the pancake.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with the berries.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 114
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 9% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 134 mg
Sodium 427 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 77% Calcium 0% Iron 5%