This shrimp can be grilled several hours or up to a day ahead. If making ahead, place the grilled skewers in a Ziploc type bag and refrigerate them until an hour before serving, then remove them from the refrigerator to come to room temperature before adding them to the sauce.
20 appetizer or accompaniment servings or 6 main dish servings
20 wooden skewers, soaked in water for several hours or overnight
2 pounds raw shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled with tails on
1 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the grill to highest heat.
- Clean the shrimp, leaving the tails on and pat dry on paper towels.
- Thread the shrimp on skewers, three to a skewer.
- Place the skewers on the grill for about 1 minute per side, just enough time to make grill marks.
- They will not be completely cooked through. This is as it should be.
- Once the shrimp have been grilled, set them aside until ready to make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper, stirring constantly.
- Bring the butter mixture to a boil, and add the shrimp.
- Stir the shrimp until it is well coated with the butter sauce and is completely cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve immediately
Nutritional amount Per skewer (3 shrimp)
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 87
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 69% Protein 30% Carb. 1%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 10 g 15%
Saturated Fat 6 g 29%
Cholesterol 113 mg 38%
Sodium 196 mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 10 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 8%