This creamy casserole is almost a full meal in a dish, and needs only a green salad (ready made in a bag from the produce department if you’re in a hurry), and fresh crusty bread from the bakery.
1 12 oz. package penne pasta
2 pounds fresh asparagus
3 cups cold water
2 cups Basic Cream Soup Mix
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 cups Italian Meat Mix made from the Basic Italian Meat Mix Module
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13” casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook the penne pasta in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, snap the asparagus spears and cut them on the diagonal in 1" lengths.
- About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add the asparagus to the boiling pot.
- When the pasta is done al dente, pour it and the asparagus into a colander; drain well.
- Whisk together the cold water and Basic Cream Soup Mix in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 3 minutes; whisk until smooth, and microwave until boiling, about 2 more minutes.
- Whisk in 3/4 cup of the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Mix the pasta and asparagus into the cream soup mixture and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 144
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 23% Carb. 39%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 704 mg
Total Carbohydrate 37 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 22 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 50% Calcium 0% Iron 11%