This recipe was adapted from one given to me by my friend Kari, who commented that it was so good, she could “drink the sauce.” My pasta-loving kids agree, but they prefer to dip their crusty bread in it instead.
Italian Chicken & Cream Cheese Pasta
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
12 ounces pasta, such as penne
Boiling salted water
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- Sprinkle with chicken breast halves with your favorite seasoning salt.
- Grill just until cooked through, but still juicy.
- Let sit 15 minutes then slice into 1/4" strips on the diagonal.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes; drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese and Italian dressing mix in a saucepan.
- Turn the heat to low and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Whisk in the cream and stir until the sauce is heated through.
- Mix with the chicken and stir into the cooked and drained pasta.
- Serve Immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 305
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 61% Protein 18% Carb. 21%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 34 g
Saturated Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 173 mg
Sodium 342 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 22 g
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 13%