Chicken is one of the quickest and easiest meats to grill, which makes it great when you need to make dinner in a hurry. Marinated and basted with a delicious sweet chili sauce makes it even better! The chicken in the recipe below is cooked over a gas grill and takes only about 10 minutes to cook. The marinating time is 20 minutes, which simply give the chicken an extra boost of flavor. If you’re running short on time, skip the marinating time and just baste the chicken twice. Try this delicious chicken recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.5 lbs)
1 cup sweet chili sauce
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and then cut horizontal slits about ½ way through the thickness of each breast. These slits will allow the sweet chili sauce to penetrate the chicken and add a boost of flavor.
- Take ¼ to ½ cup of the sweet chili sauce and rub it onto both the tops and bottoms of each breast. Then let the chicken marinate for about 20 minutes.
- After the chicken marinates, light a grill on high, cover it, and let it get hot. Depending on the type of grill you have, you may want to start heating it before marinating the chicken.
- Once the grill is hot, place each breast on the grill with the cut side down. Let them cook for 4 to 5 minutes with the cover open.
- After 4 to 5 minutes, flip the breast over. Then using the remaining sweet chili sauce, baste the top of each breast. Cover the grill and let them cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Again, depending on the type of grill, the cooking time may vary. These times here are based on a gas grill. The thickness of the chicken also plays a role in the cooking time. Always make sure that the chicken is cooked through. The best way is to use a meat thermometer. Once you become familiar with grilling it will become easy to judge the time it takes to cook different cuts of meat.
- Once the chicken is done, then it is ready to serve. This is great with sides of fried rice and stir fried green beans. Makes 3 servings.