The following marinade is delicious on both pork tenderloin and also chicken breasts or turkey tenders. Why not double the marinade recipe and pour half of it over 8 chicken breast halves in a freezer bag? Place it in the freezer for another busy day. The marinade will be absorbed as the chicken thaws.
2 pounds pork tenderloin, or 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Clean any fat from the pork tenderloin and place in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. If using chicken breasts, clean any fat, blood, or veins from the chicken breasts and place in the bag.
- Whiz the marinade ingredients in the blender and pour over the meat or chicken in the bag.
- Seal the bag and allow to marinate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to highest heat.
- When heated, turn one side of the grill off, drain the pork tenderloins, and place them on the grill (turned off side). Discard the marinade.
- Close the lid and cook 10 minutes; turn the tenderloin and grill an additional 10 minutes or until barely cooked through. Do not overcook. If using chicken, the breasts take less time; grill until the juices run clear. Do not overcook. Both the pork and chicken will continue cooking a little after being removed from the grill.
The following nutrition information assumes that 3/4 of the marinade is poured off of the pork and isn’t consumed.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 122
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 38% Carb. 14%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 234 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 10%