Spicy Zucchini & Pepper Jack Bake
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 1/4 pounds small zucchinis, thinly sliced (2-3)
2 cups pepper jack cheese, cubed (1/2 pound)
6 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a shallow 8" square casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the dish with 1 1/2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- Distribute the zucchini slices over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese cubes evenly over the zucchini.
- Place the eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, and flour in the blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Scrape the sides of the blender down, and process for a few seconds.
- Pour the batter mixture over the cheese cubes.
- Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over, then pour the melted butter over the crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 150
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 24% Carb. 16%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 147 mg
Sodium 575 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 15 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 14% Calcium 0% Iron 7%