Prep time for chopping the vegetables is 10-15 minutes; cook time is less than that, so this fabulous vegetable dish can be served on busy weeknights. However, it’s special enough to be served to company.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, quartered, then sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 cups fresh corn , cut from the cob (3-4 ears)
1 pound small zucchinis, quartered lengthwise, then cut into 1/2" to 3/4" chunks
1 pound yellow summer squash, quartered lengthwise, then cut into 1/2"-3/4" chunks
2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, cored, seeded, and finely chopped (more or less to taste)
2 large tomatoes, diced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the corn and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, and jalapeno peppers.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the squash chunks are crisp tender.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes. a
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese over all and let sit in the pan until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 192 Calories from Fat 80
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 15% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 42% Vitamin C 99% Calcium 0% Iron 7%