To watch a video of these instructions click here.
2 Crowns of Broccoli
2 Green Onions
3 Medium Tomatoes
1 tbsp stir fry oil
1 ½ tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
- Rinse the broccoli crowns under cold running water and dry with paper towels. Then cut the florets off of each crown. Break the larger florets into smaller pieces.
- Once you have small pieces, place them into a microwave safe bowl and cover them with hot water. Microwave them on high for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft. While the broccoli is cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
- Rinse the green onions under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Cut off their bases and about an inch from the top of the green stalks and discard. Then cut the remaining stalks into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the tomatoes under cold water and dry them with paper towels. Cut out the stem on each tomato. Then cut them in half and cut each half into ¼ inch slices as you would an orange. Set these slices aside.
- After 3 to 5 minutes, check to see if the broccoli is soft. To test to see if the broccoli is done, use a fork. Push it into one of the larger pieces of broccoli. You want it to go in smoothly, but with still some resistance. If it is very hard to push in then cook it for another minute or two.
- Once the broccoli is done, drain it in a colander, and run it under cold water to cool it and stop the cooking process. When the broccoli is completely cool, return it to the bowl and set it aside.
- In a cup, mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce. This is going to be the dressing for our broccoli and tomato salad.
- Add the tomatoes and the green onions to the bowl which has the broccoli. Then add the sauce mixture and stir until everything is mixed together and evenly coated with the dressing.
- Then cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate for about an hour, or until thoroughly chilled.
- Once it is cold, then it is ready to serve. Makes 3 to 4 servings. This is great served with the grilled sweet chili chicken and fried rice.