This is a fun snack to feature on the Halloween “BOO-ffet” table, especially when it’s served in a witch’s cauldron or cute lined Halloween basket. It makes perfect party favors when packaged in cellophane bags tied with orange and black ribbon.
This recipe makes a lot (32 cups), so there will be plenty to deliver to friends and neighbors. It’s a perfect treat to take to a Halloween party or fall gathering, and even though 32 cups seems like a lot, it will disappear quickly. Monster Mix keeps well in an airtight container, so it can be made a week or two ahead; just make sure it’s well-hidden from those possessing a sweet tooth or it will be necessary to make it again before Halloween.
Makes 32 cups
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups small pretzel twists
4 cups roasted peanuts
6 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups powdered sugar
1 11 oz. package candy corn
1 11 oz. package Mellocream Pumpkins
1 16 oz. package Reeses's Pieces
1 12 oz. package orange and black gumdrops
1 12 oz. package jelly pumpkins
- Melt the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter in the microwave, stirring every minute or so until smooth.
- Pour over the Rice Chex and stir until all the cereal is well-coated.
- Measure the powdered sugar in a large paper bag.
- Pour the mixture into the bag and fold the top down several times.
- Shake the bag for several minutes so that the chocolate pieces are thoroughly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to two or three large baking sheets to dry for an hour or two.
- Mix with the packages of Halloween candy.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 115
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 37% Protein 7% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 235 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 18 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 5%