Tortilla chips form the base of this delicious brunch casserole; they are coarsely crushed and topped with cooked chorizo sausage, crisp crumbled bacon (packaged saves time), and chopped green onions. Beaten eggs are poured over all and the dish is topped with pre-shredded cheese and bottled salsa. The dish can be assembled the night before and popped in the oven to bake in the morning. Nothing could be easier.
1 10 oz. package Mexican Chorizo Sausage
8 ounces tortilla chips
1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
1 cup medium salsa
Chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Brown the chorizo sausage in a frying pan, pour it into a fine strainer over the sink, and press out any residual grease.
- Spray a 2 quart shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Coarsely crush the tortilla chips and place them in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sausage and bacon evenly over the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle the green onions over, then 1 cup of the cheese.
- Whisk or beat the eggs until smooth; pour over the cheese.
- Spread the salsa evenly over the dish, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes or until puffed and brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 266
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 61% Protein 19% Carb. 19%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 361 mg
Sodium 761 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 21 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 10%