No, I am not talking about your dress size. I am talking about all the things in our lives we should be grateful for. Abundance. Despite our individual conditions we all have abundance in our lives. But sometimes it takes a monumental event for us to realize how lucky we really are.
Daily we are bombarded with negative media images -- I'm not just talking about body image stuff -- but the constant flow of death we witness on the tube every day. And don't get me started on the whole lot of negative self talk or griping, "I wish I had …" or "Why did this happen to me?" or "Nothing ever goes my way" etc. There is a whole lot of 'whoa is me' going around on a daily basis.
I think we all need to take a little time to start thinking about the things we are grateful for. For some people this may be easier than others. It could be some thing as physical as being alive or something as small as the shape of your little toe (there are people out there without any after all).
Join me in the Large and Lovely forum by listing the things in your life that you are grateful for no matter what they are. Try for five. It'll only take a minute or two and you may open up someone else's eyes to the value of appreciating our individual abundance.
Please, when you read over the other lists do so with a non-judgmental attitude. We are all different and we are all shaped by different experiences. One person's list is not necessarily better than another's. It's just different.
I'll start things off:
10 random things I am grateful for...
* I am grateful for a loving husband.
* I am grateful I can walk on my own two feet.
* I am grateful for a creative, thinking mind.
* I am grateful for more time.
* I am grateful for being able to drive.
* I am grateful for high-speed internet.
* I am grateful for a good night's sleep.
* I am grateful for being able to see the joys of nature.
* I am grateful for my supportive network.
* I am grateful for the abundance in my life.
Visit the Large and Lovely forum to share your grateful list.