The following recipe for a whole turkey breast is perfect for Thanksgiving or other holiday parties. It looks nice because it has been browned, but doesn’t have to be watched in the oven. It produces lots of flavorful drippings to make good gravy, and the breast meat comes out very moist.
If using a regular slow cooker to prepare this turkey breast, brown it in a large skillet, transfer to a slow cooker, and add the wine and bouillon to the skillet; bring the mixture to a boil, scraping all browned bits from the pan, and pour over the breast in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
6 to 7 pounds turkey breast, (bone in)
2 tablespoons butter
salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon granular chicken bouillon
- Thaw the turkey breast and remove any excess skin that is hanging off, however, keep the skin that covers the breast.
- Clean the breast and blot dry with paper towels.
- Turn the 3 in 1 cooker to brown.
- Melt the butter and brown the turkey breast on all sides.
- Rub salt and pepper inside the cavity and turn the breast cavity side down in the cooker.
- Pour in the wine and bouillon.
- Cover and cook 3-4 hours or until tender.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 70
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 24% Protein 74% Carb. 0%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 131 mg
Sodium 198 mg
Total Carbohydrate 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 54 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 14%
If you’re interested in purchasing one of these amazing appliances from Amazon, click on the link below:
Nesco 3 in 1 Digital Electric Cooker