Even casual gatherings are more fun with a little Christmas pizzaz. You may want to put a little sparkle into your hair at a moments notice and it is easy to do if you have the essentials on hand. So add these things to your list when you are out shopping.
Start picking up these holiday extra accessories.
- Barrettes for pulling one or both sides of your hair back. Like these
- Decorative bobby pins, usually with pearls or rhinestones can be used to hold your sides back or to hold your bangs to one side. You can also take them to your hairdresser to add to your updo. Find some here.
- Covered rubber bands. Find some in bright colors, silver or gold. You can quickly dress up a simple pony-tail with these. For more fun, use two colors.
- Pony-tail accessories such as slides and clasps give your ponytail an even dressier look. Like these and like this one.
- Spray shine. When your style is completely finished, give it a light spray for lots of added shine. Hold the bottle at least six inches away. These sprays have some weight associated with them so you want only a light mist on your hair. Try something like this.
- Spray hair glitter. You will also want to hold this can at least six inches away so that you get a light mist of glitter. Too much and you will look like a Christmas tree ornament.
- Hair mascara Just as the name implies, this comes in the same form as eyelash mascara and is used like it, except you apply it to individual curls or strands of hair. It is best to use it on only a few well-placed strands in order to accentuate your hairstyle. Like this.
- Firm hold hairspray to make sure your holiday innovations stay in place for the whole evening.
Christmas get-togethers are meant to enjoy, so pick up some of these holiday sparklers early so you will be ready for the fun.