1 lb frozen pre cooked medium shrimp
1 clove garlic
6 green onions
1 head bok choy
4 tbsp creamy peanut butter
3 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp peanut oil
8 oz matchstick carrots
8 oz fresh snow peas
1 tsp chili sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
- Defrost the shrimp by soaking them in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain them thoroughly and set them aside.
- With the side of a knife, lightly smash the garlic clove. Peel it and then dice it into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the green onions under cold running water and dry them with a paper towel. Then cut off their bases and about 1 inch from the top of each onionís stalk and discard. Peel off any wilted pieces as well and cut the remaining stalks into ľ inch pieces on a diagonal and set them aside.
- Prepare the bok choy by cutting off the bottom base. This separates the stalks so that you can rinse them individually. Rinse them in cold water, shake the excess water off, and then wipe them dry with an absorbent paper towel. The base of the bok choy can be discarded. Slice the stalks into 1 inch pieces. Slice them just as you would slice celery, and then chop up the leaves. Keep the stalks and the leaves separate and set them aside.
- In a cup or bowl, mix together the peanut butter and coconut milk. Make sure they are well blended and set them aside.
- Heat a non stick pot or wok on high and add in the oil. Once the oil is hot add the garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and just the stalks of the bok choy and stir fry them for 1 minute.
- Then add the snow peas and stir fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the leaves of the bok choy, green onions, shrimp, chili sauce and soy sauce and stir fry for 1 more minute.
- Then slowly add the peanut butter and coconut milk mixture and let it cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly to make sure everything is coated thoroughly with the sauce.
- This dish is wonderful with fried rice. Makes 3 servings.