To watch a video of these instructions click here.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 tbsp soy sauce
2 8oz cans pineapple tidbits
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp light brown sugar
3 tbsp water
1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp peanut oil
Hot chili sauce (optional)
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and then cut each breast into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces in a container with a tight fitting lid. Add 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce and mix it in thoroughly using your hand to make sure that each piece is evenly coated. Then place the chicken in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, prepare the other ingredients. Open and drain the pineapple reserving the juice in a large cup.
- To the juice add the remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Mix these liquids together and then add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. Once the sugar dissolves, add the water and set this mixture aside.
- In a small cup, mix the cornstarch with just a little water until it dissolves and set it aside.
- Once the chicken marinates, add the peanut oil to a wok and heat it on high.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir fry it until it browns, about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken browns, remove it from the wok and set it aside.
- Then without wiping out the wok, add in the pineapple tidbits. Let them cook for 1 minute. Then add in the sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Once the sauce begins to come to a boil, add in the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly until the sauce becomes thick.
- Then return the chicken to wok and stir until it is thoroughly coated with the sauce.
- Once it is coated with the sauce, it can be placed in a dish to be served. This is best served over white rice and drizzled with just a little hot chili sauce. Makes 3 servings.