To see a video of these instructions click here.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp garlic salt
1 inch piece fresh ginger
4 to 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp jarred pre chopped garlic
2 tsp hot chili garlic sauce
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken. Then cut each breast into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and then sprinkle them with the garlic salt. Using your hand mix the garlic salt in thoroughly. Then set the chicken aside while preparing the other ingredients.
- Peel the ginger using a sharp apple peeler. You can also use a knife as well. Then dice it into small pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the sprigs of cilantro under cold running water and thoroughly dry them with paper towels. Rough chop them into small pieces and set them aside.
- Heat a wok on high. Once the wok is hot, add the peanut oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the diced ginger and pre chopped garlic and stir fry for 1 minute, or until slightly fragrant.
- After about a minute add in the chicken and stir fry it for about 3 minutes, or just until lightly brown.
- Add the hot chili garlic sauce and stir until it is mixed into the chicken, about 30 seconds.
- Next, sprinkle in the sugar and add the fish sauce. Stir to mix everything thoroughly into the chicken. Then stir fry the chicken for another 3 to 4 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Once most of the liquid has evaporated add the cilantro and toss to mix it in thoroughly.
- When the cilantro is mixed in, remove the wok from the heat and serve. This is delicious paired with vegetable fried rice recipe found here and stir fried green beans recipe found here. Makes 3 servings.