This bread is not sweet like a quick bread, rather itís a savory loaf with a few bites of tart cherries. Itís great served warm, but leftovers are delicious toasted.
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup cherry flavored coffee syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon dry milk
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon softened butter
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 tablespoon dry yeast, (scant)
- Place the ingredients in the order given in the pan of the automatic bread machine.
- Set the machine to the dough cycle and start.
- After the first five minutes, check to make sure the dough forms a soft ball of dough; if it is too stiff, add a little more water or cherry syrup; if itís too soft, add a little more flour.
- When the cycle is finished, transfer the dough to a lightly floured pastry cloth.
- Roll or pat the dough to a 12 x 12" rectangle.
- Roll up tightly and pinch the seam.
- Pull the open edges on the sides and pinch.
- Place the loaf seam side down into a standard loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cover with a dish towel and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a preheated 350į oven for 30-35 minutes or until the loaf is golden and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Immediately invert the loaf onto a cooling rack.
- When thoroughly cool, store in a tightly sealed Ziploc-type bag.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 11
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 8% Protein 9% Carb. 83%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 209 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%