If necessary, this soup can be made up to two days ahead and refrigerated. Reheat on medium heat, stirring often to prevent scorching.
6 cups water
2 cups basic Cream Soup Mix
1/4 cup dehydrated onion flakes
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups ground beef mixture from the Ground Beef Module
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 pound processed American Cheese, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, diced
2 cups Shredded Lettuce
2 cups croutons, plain or any flavor
- Mix the water, cream soup mix, onion flakes, mustard, and pepper in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef mixture and relish; stir to mix.
- When the mixture boils, turn the heat to low and stir in the cheese; stir until melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Allow guests to stir in lettuce, tomatoes, and croutons.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 279
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 53% Protein 24% Carb. 23%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 31 g 48%
Saturated Fat 17 g 85%
Cholesterol 99 mg 33%
Sodium 1457 mg 61%
Total Carbohydrate 31 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 24% Calcium 0% Iron 5%