Because this brunch casserole is so quick and easy, it may become a regular weekday breakfast dish. It’s healthy, too, since it contains a good portion of spinach, as well as other fresh ingredients, so there’s no need to feel guilty if the family requests it often.
4 teaspoons butter
4 cups packed fresh baby spinach
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup crisp crumbled bacon
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place a teaspoon butter in each of four shallow ramekins (about 4" x 6").
- Place them in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the butter.
- Divide the spinach between the ramekins and toss with the butter.
- Microwave 3-4 minutes (all four ramekins at one time in the microwave) or until the spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle each with a little pepper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bacon over the spinach.
- Crack two eggs into each ramekin over the bacon.
- Pour 2 tablespoons whipping cream over the eggs.
- Top with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the cream in each ramekin.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks are still slightly runny.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 268
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 73% Protein 22% Carb. 5%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 487 mg
Sodium 473 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 20 g
Vitamin A 101% Vitamin C 28% Calcium 0% Iron 18%