If you love chocolate and you love travelling take a chocolate vacation. There are so many ways to combine these two loves. Here are 5 sweet chocolate vacations to take within the United States.
1. Hershey, Pennsylvania is the ultimate chocolate vacation. Their website refers to it as the “Sweetest place on earth.” The street lights are shaped like Hershey Kisses and the street names all have a chocolate theme. Hershey’s Chocolate World is one of their top attractions. This allows you to experience everything chocolate. Spend the afternoon tasting chocolate and making your own candy bar. Besides the Chocolate World there is a zoo, gardens, and an amusement park and much, much more.
2. Lake Champlain in Burlington, Vermont is another sweet adventure. You can visit the factory and observe the chocolate making process. The tour is free which is great because you will not be able to resist purchasing a few treats from their store. Vermont is a wonderful place to visit all year round; whether it is summer, ski season, or during the fall foliage.
3. Ethel M Chocolates is located in Henderson, Nevada. Take a self-guided tour of their factory. Next door is their cactus garden. It holds several hundred species of cacti making it one of the biggest collections of cacti in Nevada. This is located right near the Vegas strip.
4. Whetstone Chocolates in St. Augustine, Florida offers daily chocolate tours. The tour is led by chocolatiers who provide a history of their chocolate and the process of making it. There is a fee for this tour. However, you will sample chocolates during the tour. While you are there take one of the many tours of St. Augustine and experience the historical buildings and architecture of the oldest city in the nation.
5. Wilbur Chocolate is located in Lititz, Pennsylvania. There you can visit their candy store and watch Wilbur fudge being made. In addition, you can visit their Candy Americana Museum and learn the history of chocolate. There is no admission for the museum. Lititz, Pennsylvania is a quaint town with one of the largest population of Amish people.
Wilbur Chocolate is only 40 minutes from Hershey Chocolate World. Experiencing both chocolate spots would be the ultimate chocolate vacation.