Rhoda’s Raspberry Ice Cream Squares are a perfect warm-weather dessert; serve them at your next outdoor barbecue or yard party. Your guests will rave, and nobody will have any idea how easy it was to prepare.
Rhoda's Raspberry Ice Cream Squares
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup coconut
3/4 cup nuts
1/2 gallon highest quality vanilla ice cream
1 package Raspberry Danish Dessert
2 3/4 cups water
2 pints fresh raspberries, or 1 10 ounce package unsweetened frozen raspberries
- Melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the crisp rice cereal, coconut, and nuts.
- Spread half of the mixture evenly on the bottom of a parchment or waxed paper-lined 9 x 13 inch glass dish.
- Soften the ice cream just enough to spread (or beat with the K attachment on a Kitchen-aid mixer until it is just soft enough to spread).
- Spread evenly over the crust, then evenly sprinkle the remaining crisp rice mixture over the top and press.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until solid.
- Raspberry Sauce: Mix the Danish Dessert and water in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave until the mixture boils and turns clear, stirring every 2 minutes (5-6 minutes total)
- Add the raspberries and stir.
- To serve, cut the ice cream into squares and top with the warm raspberry sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 195
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 5% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 228 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 18% Calcium 0% Iron 6%