Candy corn is a popular Halloween confection. The triangle shaped candies are festive in orange, yellow, and white. They are shaped similar to that of ears of corn. Candy corn is made mostly from corn syrup and sugar. This candy has been around for over 100 years. When it was created it was originally called chicken feed. This was because corn was mostly used to feed chickens and was not consumed by people as it is today. October 30th is National Candy Corn Day. The estimates for how much candy corn is produced each year are 35 million pounds. That is a lot of candy corn! Candy corn is so popular that Oreo cookies even came out with a candy corn flavored limited edition Oreo this year.
Halloween is fast approaching and this recipe is a great way to use Halloween candy. Serve this fun cookie at your Halloween party or make them for National Candy Corn Day. This is also a great recipe to keep on hand once the holidays are over. Make these cookies when you are wondering what to do with all your leftover candy corn.
Chocolate Candy Corn Cookie Recipe
Makes about 30 cookies
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
3/4 cup candy corn
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
2/3 cups baking cocoa
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and brown and granulated sugars until combined.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time and then beat in vanilla.
5. Beat in the flour mixture, adding a little at a time.
6. Stir in the candy corn and the white chocolate chips.
7. Form cookies, by dropping a 2 inch size spoonful of batter onto cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes after taking them out.
10. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
11. Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!