To make them extra special, add a scoop or two of freshly made guacamole; it can be put together in the few minutes that the nachos are in the oven. The only thing left to do will be to gather friends or family and get to the delightful task of eating.
8 cups tortilla chips
1 15 oz. can refried beans
2 cups Mexican meat mix from the Mexican Meat Mix Module
4 cups grated cheddar jack cheese
Sliced jalapenos (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place the tortilla chips on oven-proof plates (1 cup chips per person).
- Divide the refried beans among the chips.
- Top with the Mexican meat mix (about 1/4 cup per person).
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Place the nachos in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with lettuce, salsa, guacamole, tomato, and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 394
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 18% Carb. 27%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 44 g
Saturated Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 103 mg
Sodium 1270 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 13% Calcium 0% Iron 12%