Chocolate gifts take the stress out of gift giving. Everyone loves chocolate. Do you have a friend or relative who is hard to buy for? Give them chocolate! Do you have someone on your list that already has everything? Give them chocolate! Save money and make your own gourmet gifts.
10 Yummy Homemade Chocolate Gifts
1. Chocolate bark has to be the easiest and most decadent gift to give. All you need is chocolate and candy, cookies or nuts to mix in.
2. Chocolate covered Oreos. You can purchase chocolate covered Oreo molds at a craft or candy supply store.
3. Chocolate dipped marshmallows. No mold needed, just dip!
4. Holiday themed chocolate lollipops. Candy supply stores have tons of holiday molds.
5. Buy your recipient's favorite coffee and add chocolate covered spoons. This is so easy; just dip plastic spoons in melted chocolate.
6. Chocolate covered pretzels. After dipping pretzels in chocolate add your favorite topping.
7. Make a batch of your favorite Christmas cookies and dip half of each cookie in chocolate.
8. Chocolate covered Rice Krispies treats.
9. Hot chocolate mix packaged in a jar (see recipe below).
10. If you are tight on funds and have no interest in making your own candy buy some already made chocolates and package in a coffee mug. Wrap the mug with cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
There are so many options to package these homemade gifts. Boxes and cellophane bags can be tied with a holiday ribbon. Cookie tins or holiday cookie jars are other great options. Cookies and candy can be presented in Christmas themed pie plates.
Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar Recipe
Makes 3 1/2 cups
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup powdered milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup nondairy creamer
jars for packaging hot chocolate mix
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Package in glass jars.
Optional add small marshmallows. Give the hot chocolate as is or include mugs and present in a basket.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate.