To watch a video for these instructions click here.
1 small pork chop (about ¼ lb)
2 cups cooked cold white long grain rice
1 large green onion
½ can baby sweet peas
3 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp pre chopped garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp hoisin sauce
- Remove all of the fat from the pork and then cut it into small ¼ inch square pieces. Places these pork pieces in a container that has a tight fitting lid and add the marinade. Cover and let it marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- While the pork marinates, prepare the other ingredients. Using your hand, remove all of the lumps from the rice and then set it aside.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small ¼ inch squares. Place them in a bowl and cover them with hot water. Then microwave them on high for 2 minutes. This is comparable to par boiling. Remove them from the microwave and drain them thoroughly in a colander and set them aside.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it with paper towel. Cut off the bottom base and about an inch from the top of the greens and discard. Then cut the remaining stalk into small slices and set these pieces aside.
- Open and drain the can of sweet peas, measure out half of the can and set them aside.
- Once the pork marinates, heat a large non stick pot or wok on high. Then add just 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- Once hot, add the pork and let it cook about 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the pork pieces and place them on a plate and set them aside.
- After all the pork is removed, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut oil to the wok and let it get hot.
- Once hot, add the pre chopped garlic and green onion and stir fry them for about 30 seconds, or until frangrant.
- Then add the rice and stir fry everything for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, make a large well in the center of the rice. Crack the egg directly into the well and stir fry it until it is cooked through, a little less than 1 minute. Then mix it into the rice.
- Once the egg is thoroughly mixed in, add the carrots, peas, soy sauce, garlic salt and pork to the rice. Mix everything together thoroughly and then remove it from the heat. Then place it in a large bowl to serve. Makes about 4 servings.