Although it will take a little longer to prepare, leftover shredded cooked chicken, or rotisserie chicken from the grocery store can be substituted for the shredded pork. For a change, use turkey from the Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Module, or cooked ground beef from the Basic Ground Beef Module; they are both great in these enchiladas.
1 28 oz. can green chile enchilada sauce, such as Macayo or Las Palma
2 cups Shredded Pork from the Basic Pork Module
3 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
12 corn tortillas
- Spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 13" shallow glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the shredded pork with 2 cups of the cheese; stir in 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce to moisten.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the filling on each tortilla, roll up, and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas, then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheese over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese on top is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 221
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 24% Carb. 28%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 1339 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 28 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 17%