Start your morning with warm cinnamon rolls. Sweeten a brunch or gathering with the aroma of cinnamon straight from the oven. Making this dough the night before saves time if your morning is hectic.
Cinnamon Rolls with Chocolate Icing Recipe
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
3 1/4 cups flour, plus additional if dough is too wet
1/4 cup sugar
1 (1/4 oz.) package instant yeast
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 1/3 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons Hershey’s Chocolate Spread
3-5 tablespoons hot water
1. Add water and milk to a small sauce pan and heat until it just starts to bubble.
2. Remove pan from the heat and add the butter. Set it aside while the butter melts.
3. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, yeast, egg, and vanilla and set aside.
4. Return to the milk and stir until the butter is melted.
5. Add this mixture to the flour.
6. Beat until the dough is formed. If the dough is too wet add a little bit of flour.
7. Knead the dough for 5 minutes. This can be done on a floured surface or if you have a stand mixer this is a great option.
8. Cover the dough with a damp cloth for 10 minutes.
9. Roll out the dough into a 12 X 9 rectangle on a floured surface.
10. Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the filling.
11. Melt the butter.
12. Brush the butter on the dough.
13. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the butter.
14. Roll the dough up, holding the long way and rolling up.
15. Slice into 12 cinnamon rolls.
16. Place each in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
17. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
18. Combine the confectioner’s sugar and the chocolate spread.
19. Add 1 tablespoon of hot water to the sugar.
20. Continue adding 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth and desired consistency.
21. Allow the rolls to cool for 5-10 minutes before spreading glaze.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!