Have you ever had a dream that scared you really bad? Or have you been in a situation so bad you were sure it was a dream, only to find out that it was reality?
1) Have you ever written a story that involves time travel? When Shannon goes to bed it is 2009. She wakes up during the Salem witch trials, only to find she has been accused of being a witch and is tied to the stake on top of a burning pile of wood. The flames licking at her feet are what have rudely pulled her out of her peaceful sleep. Now what?
2) Jeremiah is one very scared young man. He absolutely abhors scary movies, scary theme park rides, scarecrows, jack-o-lanterns, and Halloween. It was at this time of year that he witnessed the murder of his parents by masked men who broke into their house. Every Halloween night, he locks up his house extra tight out of fear that the masked men will return. So far they haven’t, but this year they do. Do they manage to break into Jeremiah's house? Why are they after him? Is Jeremiah killed by the intruders? Or does he surprise himself, stand up to the intruders, and overcome them?
3) Kayla is just not a very nice little girl. She wreaks havoc in her neighborhood, being mean and nasty to people and animals. The day before Halloween, she steals a new litter of puppies from her neighbor, takes them to the rushing river, and throws the poor defenseless puppies into the raging water one at a time. The whole time she is doing this heartless deed, she is laughing. These poor defenseless little puppies take their revenge on Kayla the next evening. What happens?
4) Darlene has arachnophobia. Even the mere mention of spiders sends her into a frenzy. Her house is meticulously clean and free of cobwebs. After a restless night, she walks in the kitchen to get her morning cup of coffee. Half-asleep, she doesn’t seem to notice that her kitchen is full of webs – and she is walking through them. She doesn’t fully realize this until she feels a spider crawling up her arm. She screams and drops her cup of coffee. Why is her kitchen full of webs? What happens?
5) Halloween is approaching. Sheila loves her new job as a waitress at Kaydee’s Dinette, but something weird is happening. Objects mysteriously move themselves. Appliances turn themselves on and off, especially during lunchtime rush. Murmuring can be heard in the linen closet. Everyone is starting to get spooked and no one likes to be there alone. It is becoming obvious that the dinette is inhabited by poltergeists. What occurred in the history of the dinette that caused this to happen? What is done to get rid of the poltergeists before they turn violent?