While the amounts called for in the recipe make plenty of luscious sauce, it can be doubled so there’s extra to pour over every serving and even mashed potatoes or rice on the side. when using only 1/2 can of soup, pour the rest into a sandwich bag and freeze for next time. Also, the recipe calls for whole berry cranberry sauce. If jellied is what is left over from a holiday dinner, feel free to use it; the taste will be similar, but there will be no whole berries to add texture.
1 3 to 5 pound beef roast (a round roast is pictured, but chuck or a similar type of pot roast can be used instead)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 onion, quartered and sliced
1/2 10 3/4 ounce can condensed French onion soup
1/2 cup French salad dressing
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Rub salt and pepper over the roast on all sides.
- Place it in the crock of a slow cooker; sprinkle with the onions.
- Mix the soup, salad dressing, and cranberry sauce; pour over the roast.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or until the roast is tender.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove the roast from the juice and slice, return it to the pot to soak up the juices.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 124
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 33% Protein 44% Carb. 23%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 117 mg
Sodium 443 mg
Total Carbohydrate 2 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 42 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 15%