Everyone loves cheesecake and this is a super easy dessert to make. As the summer months heat up it is great to make a fabulous dessert that does not require the oven to be on for hours. The only thing that needs to be baked for this cheesecake is the crust. This creamy, decadent dessert will entice everyone. The cheesecake can be made the night before a party, freeing up your day of the event.
Toffee Cheesecake Recipe
1 package of short bread cookies (6 oz.)
1 stick of butter melted
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
5 oz. marshmallows
1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk chocolate toffee pieces
1 1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Crumb the shortbread cookies in a food processer. If you do not have a food processor you can use a blender.
3. Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter.
4. Press onto the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan, coming up a bit on the sides.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. In a medium sauce pan over low heat combine the marshmallows and 1/4 cup of heavy cream until the marshmallows have melted and mixture is combined, stir constantly.
7. Beat the cream cheese and marshmallow mixture until smooth.
8. In a large bowl cream 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
9. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
10. Stir in the chocolate toffee chips.
11. Spread mixture into cooled short bread crust.
12. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
13. In a small sauce pan over low heat combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream until melted and smooth.
14. Pour over cake. If taking the side of the spring form pan off, the ganache can drip down the side of the cheesecake. Optional: garnish with additional chocolate toffee chips.
15. Refrigerate for at least an additional hour.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!