Christmas will be here shortly and you are at a loss of what do get that diabetic friend or relative. Maybe you want something whimsical or practical what do you get them. Below are a few simple and fun gifts for diabetics.
1. Diabetic socks, with a CD. Sure you can get them diabetic socks but add a CD of their favorite music. They can slip on the socks and rock away just like in Footloose.
2. Camelback. Whatís a camelback? Itís designed to hold water on your back, like a camel. So if you know an avid hiker or walker this would be the perfect gift for them.
3. MP3 player. Music is a great motivator, relaxation or all of the above. Let your favorite diabetic rock out to their favorite tunes when they workout of just as a relaxation for them to take a break from their disease.
4. A gift card to a spa. A massage, facial and a body scrub is a perfect day for anyone. Believe me once your friend or relative becomes totally relaxed diabetes isnít the big bad monster but something to conquer and embrace.
5. A diabetic cookbook. Maybe they like to cook. You can find dozens of cookbooks for diabetics make a basket and include a few utensils to get them started.
6. A pedometer. You can all types of pedometer out there. Some are pretty basic so include some headbands or an ipod holder. For the computer geek gets one which talks with a computer.
7. A restaurant gift card. Yes it would be a treat but maybe you can introduce them to a healthy place you like. Souplatation or other restaurants you know. Beside itís a good excuse to eat out with friends.
8. DVDs. Get some great motivator movies of people overcoming their problems, even the fun ones. Blindside, Sound of Music, Forest Gump, Remember the Titans, and Rudy to name a few. Or better yet give your favorite movie.
9. Movie tickets. Who doesnít like to go to the movies? Your favorite diabetic can have a fun night at the movies and get inspiration.
10. Bath salts and Body scrubs. Relaxing in the tub is good for everyone. For those shower people a good brisk rub will wake up the body and soul.
So there you go just a few helpful gift suggestions for your favorite diabetic friend. Remember it is the thought that counts. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.