Nutella is a chocolate, hazelnut spread sold at grocery stores nationwide. It is a mix of hazelnuts, cocoa and skim milk. Each jar is free of artificial colors and preservatives. For those of you who have not tried Nutella, it is heaven in a jar! There are so many great uses for Nutella in its original form.
Some ways to enjoy Nutella:
As a spread on toast, English muffins, or bagels.
As a cake frosting or filling (it is best to microwave it for a few seconds to obtain a spreadable consistency).
A Nutella and peanut butter sandwich.
As the filling for stuffed French toast.
As a fondue dip. You can use it to dip just about anything. Pretzels, fruit, crackers and marshmallows are just some of the options.
Grab a spoon and have Nutella by itself.
Nutella can also be used in your favorite recipes. Below are two great recipes to try. Nutella Mousse is a decadent mousse that is so easy to make. The typical frosting is enhanced when adding Nutella. Frost your favorite cakes with Nutella Buttercream Frosting.
Nutella Mousse Recipe:
2 cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding
½ cup Nutella
1. Beat heavy cream and vanilla pudding in a medium sized bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. The pudding mix is added to create a thicker consistency to avoid a thin, runny mousse.
2. Add nutella and continue beating until completely combined.
3. Pour into individual dishes. Martini glasses make festive, unexpected serving dishes.
4. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or until ready to serve. The mousse will thicken a bit more after being chilled.
Nutella Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup butter (1 stick of butter) softened to room temperature
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter with an electric mixer.
2. Beat in sugar, Nutella, and Vanilla.
3. Add milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
4. Frost cake or cupcakes.