The heat of these wings can be varied by increasing or reducing the amount of chipotle chilies used in the sauce. The following recipe makes medium-hot wings, suitable for most palates, but a little too hot for bona fide wimps and children. Since the finished wings are sticky, make sure there are plenty of napkins.
12 Servings (24 wings)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 7 oz. jar chipotle chilies packed in adobo sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
24 Cooked chicken wings from the Chicken Wing Module
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Melt the butter in a skillet; add the brown sugar, honey, and cider vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the chilies and mash with a fork; add the pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then press the mixture through a fine sieve or strainer into a bowl.
- Dip the wings individually into the sauce until each is well-coated, and lay them on the parchment-line baking sheets, making sure there is plenty of room in between.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn, and bake an additional 10 more minutes or until sticky. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 146
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 30% Carb. 14%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 227 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 20 g
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 6%