Pumpkin Napoleons and Pumpkin Chiffon Pie to name a few.
Since it is prepared in the microwave, even the busiest of cooks has time to make this pudding, thereby using fresh ingredients and avoiding the “packaged” taste so prevalent in commercial packaged varieties. The texture of this pudding is especially good, since it sets up beautifully so it doesn’t run, but stays soft enough that any number of ingredients can easily be stirred in.
Keep checking this Desserts @ BellaOnline site for delicious new recipes using this fabulous pudding.
8 1/2 Cup Servings
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup canned pumpkin
- Mix the sugar, flour, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large microwaveable container.
- Whisk in the whipping cream and eggs.
- Measure the milk in a separate microwaveable container and heat on high for 3-5 minutes or until steaming hot.
- Whisk the hot milk into the sugar mixture.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes; whisk, and microwave until thick and boiling.
- Whisk in the canned pumpkin.
- Divide the mixture evenly among individual serving dishes, or pour into a 9" baked pie shell.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 65
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 12% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 124 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Total Carbohydrate 28 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 142% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 5%