These cookies are not only no-bake, they don’t even use a microwave, since the room temperature ingredients are simply creamed until fluffy before folding in the graham cracker crumbs. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Thumbprints can be mixed and shaped in only 20-30 minutes; they’re even easy enough for kids to make. It’s especially nice to have a few kids around to unwrap the kisses, since unwrapping is the only thing that takes any time (husbands work well too, but sometimes they eat too many). Once finished, these delicious cookies have the texture of their baked counterparts; they look pretty too.
Makes 48 Cookies
1 16 oz. can dark chocolate frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup very finely ground almonds
48 chocolate kisses with almonds, unwrapped
- Remove 2 tablespoons of the frosting from the container and set aside.
- Whip the remaining chocolate frosting with the butter in a mixer bowl until fluffy and soft.
- Stir in the graham cracker crumbs and almond extract; mix well.
- Place ground almonds on a plate or in a pie pan.
- Scoop the mixture with a teaspoon-size scoop and shape each into a 1-inch ball.
- Roll each ball in very finely ground almonds to coat, place them on a cookie sheet, and, using a thumb, make a deep indentation in the center of each ball.
- Soften the reserved frosting in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
- Dip each of the chocolate kisses in the softened frosting, then press into each indentation.
- Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes or until cold.
- Once set, the cookies may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to four weeks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 79 Calories from Fat 35
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 5% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 54 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%