For busy cooks, the pudding can be made a day ahead, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerated overnight. To reheat, remove the plastic wrap, cover with foil, and reheat in a 350° oven for about 15 minutes. The 4-ingredient caramel sauce can be made in about 5 minutes in the microwave.
3 cups half and half
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin, (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
5 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
10 cups cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk half and half, pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Fold in bread cubes.
- Transfer mixture to an 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish (or 12 small ramekins).
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Bake pumpkin bread pudding about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean (ramekins 20-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare caramel sauce: Mix the brown sugar and butter in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream and microwave 2 minutes.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth.
- Sift powdered sugar over bread pudding.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 9% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 145 mg
Sodium 463 mg
Total Carbohydrate 73 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 12 g
Vitamin A 173% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 24%