This Patriotic Pudding is similar to an English trifle, since itís layers of fruit and pudding; it differs because it calls for crisp macaroon cookies instead of sponge cake. This delicious pudding shows off the fresh fruits of summer; it's light and creamy and is sure to become a favorite.
Patriotic Pudding8 Servings
1 3.5 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons raspberry jam
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
2 tablespoons blackberry jam
1/2 pound crisp macaroon cookies, coarsely crushed (2 cups)
- Mix the pudding and milk in blender; blend until smooth, scraping the sides down once.
- Immediately pour the pudding into a bowl to set.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks; fold into the set pudding.
- Mix the strawberries and raspberry jam in a small bowl .
- Mix 1 cup of blueberries and blackberry jam in a small bowl.
- Measure 3 tablespoons of the crushed macaroon cookies and set aside.
- Pour half of the remaining cookies on the bottom of a 1 quart decorative glass bowl.
- Cover with 1/4 of the pudding mixture.
- Spread the blueberry mixture over the pudding.
- Pour 1/3 of the remaining pudding over the blueberries.
- Spread the remaining macaroon crumbs over the pudding and then another layer of pudding.
- Spread the strawberry mixture over the pudding, add the remaining pudding.
- Sprinkle the reserved 3 tablespoons macaroon crumbs, and then arrange the reserved 1/4 cup blueberries on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least four hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 165
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 5% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 166 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 24% Calcium 0% Iron 1%