I first had Tollhouse cookie pie at a local restaurant. After the first bite, I knew I wanted to recreate the dessert at home. Warm chocolate chip cookie and ice cream is a heavenly combination. As this chocolate chip cookie pie bakes, your house will be filled with sweet aromas. How can you go wrong with a pie that looks like a giant cookie? It is best served warm and gooey right from the oven. I like to serve the pie in a bowl with vanilla ice cream. The warm chocolate oozes as the melted ice cream forms a puddle of cream. Of course you can use your favorite flavor of ice cream or whipped cream. Any leftovers will be just as delicious heated in the microwave the next day. There is another version of this cookie pie that is made with a crust. I prefer the pie all cookie, without the crust, but you could easily add a crust.
I am always looking for simple things to bake that do not require a lot of time. This pie delivers in both simplicity and time. It only takes a few minutes to prepare. The hard part is waiting for it to finish baking.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe
1 cup flour
1/2 tbsp. baking powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
5 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 of a 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Optional vanilla ice cream or favorite ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
3. In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl cream together the eggs and sugars with a hand mixer.
5. Melt the butter in the microwave.
6. Beat the melted butter in with the eggs and sugars.
7. Add the vanilla and continue to beat.
8. Slowly add the flour, 1/3 cup at a time, beating after each addition.
9. Once the ingredients are combined stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and nuts if using.
10. Spoon the batter into the pie plate.
11. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
12. Serve warm with ice cream.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!