This cake is simple and delicious. Whip up this cake in a snap and once out of the oven it is wonderful plain. You will not need frosting or a glaze. It is the perfect cake in the morning for brunch or for breakfast. This cake also makes a great dessert option. Since this cake requires no frosting it is such an easy cake to transport to a party or friend's house.
Chocolate Toffee Bar Cake Recipe
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
8 oz. bag of chocolate and toffee bits (or Toffee candy bar broken up in small pieces)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8 inch spring form pan.
3. In a small bowl combine the flour and the baking powder and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and cream cheese. It is really important that the butter and cream cheese is very soft to avoid lumps in the batter.
5. Mix the ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth and combined.
6. Add the vanilla and sugar and continue beating until combined.
7. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
8. Beat in the flour.
9. Stir in one cup of the toffee and chocolate bits.
10. Pour the batter into the greased pan.
11. Sprinkle the remaining toffee and chocolate bits over the batter.
12. Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
13. Allow the cake to cool completely. You can opt to remove the side of the spring form pan before serving. Before removing the side, run a knife between the cake and the pan to avoid any cake from sticking.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. I found that this cake freezes well. I kept the cake on the spring form pan and slid it into a large freezer bag. The cake still remained moist and delicious after thawing. This cake was thaw within two hours.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!