These bars are easy to make and are delicious. The base is a chocolate chip cookie. I used store bough cookie dough, however, you can make your own if you prefer. A cream cheese and Butterfinger candy filling covers the cookie layer. This filling is only cream cheese, Cool Whip, and Butterfingers. It is that simple. These bars are finished with a layer of chocolate ganache. If you do not like Butterfingers you can replace them with any of your favorite candy bars. I love when recipes are easy to play around with. It allows you to add your own creative and tasty spin.
Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Makes 24 to 36 bars depending on the size you would like to cut them
1 package of store bought chocolate chip cookie dough
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
10 Fun Size Butterfinger candy bars
8 oz. container of Cool Whip or whipped topping
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the cookie dough in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
3. Bake the cookie dough for 20-25 minutes.
4. Allow it to cool.
5. Chop the Butterfinger candy bars into small pieces.
6. Stir the cream cheese until smooth. The cream cheese needs to be really soft to avoid lumps.
7. Fold in the Cool Whip or whipped topping.
8. Fold in the chopped Butterfinger bits.
9. Spread the cream cheese filling over the cookie.
10. Chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
11. In a small sauce pan add cream and chocolate chips.
12. Heat the chocolate over low to medium heat until melted and smooth, stir constantly.
13. Remove the chocolate from the heat and allow it to sit for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
14. Spread the chocolate over the cream cheese.
15. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
16. Cut into small squares.
17. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!