This style is for long hair – anywhere from just below shoulder length to mid-way down your back.
It is lightly layered with the shortest layer extending almost to chin level. Lightly layered means that the layering is not enough to cause the ends of the hair to appear thin.
Preparation and Styling:
- Shampoo and condition your hair with products formulated for your hair texture. These will most likely be body building products, however, if you have hair that gets full very easily or gets frizzy, you may want to use moisturizing or smoothing products.
- After towel blotting your hair, apply firm hold styling foam or styling glaze. Work it through the entire length of your hair from the root to the ends.
- Blow your long hair dry creating as much body as possible. Try turning your head upside down and directing the airflow toward the root area of your hair first.
When that is dry, blow dry the rest of your hair, still upside down if you can stand it.
Flip your hair back right side up and continue drying it until it is thoroughly dry.
- Set your hair on hot rollers. Use the largest rollers on top. One row through the center and another row or two down. Below that, use medium sized hot rollers.
Wait until the rollers are completely cool, then carefully remove the rollers.
- You may need a little back-combing to maintain the fullness on top. Spray the back-combing with light hold hair spray before smoothing it. Smooth the top, over the back-combing, using a vent brush. Since the teeth of the vent brush are far apart, it is less likely to take the fullness out of your hair.
- Comb the rest of your hair using only your fingers. Use a curling iron – about one inch in circumference) to create smaller curls in the ends of your hair. Separate strands that are about the size of your thumb. Curl each strand in a spiral fashion using the one inch curling iron. Continue until all of your hair is curled. You may comb through each curl separately to neaten it. Then form it back into the curl. Do not comb through your hair style as a whole.
This picture show’s Ms. Beckinsale’s hair color as medium to dark blond with soft blonde highlights. The highlights are about the size of a pencil and accentuate the individual curls.
You may have seen some long hair highlights that seem to be striped on top. To get away from this look, leave the top two inches, one inch on either side of a center part, without highlights. This way the highlights peek through in the lower layers as the hair moves and accentuate the individual curls at the bottom.
Perfect Wedding Hair - Ebook
Your wedding day. Perfect in every way with "Perfect Wedding Hair" Ebook.