Healthy eating can't just be part of a temporary "diet" or "program." It has to be a way of life.
And the healthy eating tips below will help you understand the basic nutrition concept of using high quality food to achieve high quality health. In other words, you "Eat to Live!" So, are you eating healthy now? If not, maybe it's time to start following these eat to live healthy eating tips.
Healthy Eating Tips for Macronutrients
Eating healthy can reduce your risk of getting sick and developing chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's and heart disease and increase your chances for a longer, happier life.
The important necessary macronutrients ("big" nutrients) are proteins, fats, carbohydrates and liquids. Since there are good and bad quality choices for each, here are your healthy eating tips.
- Healthy Protein is from quality high protein sources. Choose poultry without the skin, lean meats and eat more fish, especially with omega 3 benefits. Bake, broil or grill it to stay lean and healthy. Include low-fat yogurt, cheese and other dairy, eggs, beans and nuts.
- Healthy Fats have fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids, especially omega 3 fish oil. Choose whole grains, nuts, seeds, fatty fish and olive oil for salads and cooking. Keep saturated fats low, intake of food fat between 20% and 30% of calories and avoid trans fats.
- Healthy Carbohydrates are low glycemic index. A low glycemic diet emphasizes fresh vegetables, such as raw carrots, red peppers, broccoli, kale, and other leafy greens, most raw fruits, beans, low fat dairy and whole grains, such as brown rice, rolled oats and only 100% whole grain pasta, breads and crackers and avoids high glycemic carbohydrates.
- Healthy Liquids replenish you with water, an essential nutrient that's involved in every function of your body, including digestion, absorption, circulation and elimination. Since water makes up two-thirds of your body, pure water is the best liquid for you to drink.
Healthy Eating Tips for Micronutrients
Both daily exercise and good quality nutritional supplements can help with calories. Exercise burns calories and supplements help you keep micronutrients high while you keep calories low.
The necessary micronutrients ("little" nutrients) are vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
These are called micronutrients because you need them in smaller amounts than the basic "big" four macronutrients. But optimal levels of micronutrients are vitally essential to your good health.
- Healthy Vitamins, Minerals and Phytonutrients are necessary for growth, digestion, elimination, resistance to disease and vitality. Optimal, rather than borderline, health requires both healthy eating and supplementing your diet with optimum amounts of high quality nutritional health supplements and phytonutrients from the human food chain.
But buying into hype marketing promising a delusional fountain of youth is a big mistake!
The Real Fountain of Youth
Is there a real fountain of youth? Yes! And it simply consists of pure water intake and natural unprocessed foods found in the human food chain that we were designed to use as human fuel.
But because of environmental toxins, commercial practices and unhealthy food choices, the basic nutrition necessary for optimal health is just not available in modern diets. So, for fountain of youth results, you need to supplement healthy eating with natural whole food supplements.
What can you expect if you follow these optimal "eat to live" healthy eating tips?
You'll more than likely live a lot longer. But way more importantly, as you can see from the chart above, you'll be able to experience a much higher quality of life and health while you're alive.
My recommendation is to supplement your diet with the only whole food supplements from the human food chain that I've found anywhere. You can find out more at the Feel Better web site.
And be sure to check out my Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
How to Lower Blood Pressure Naturally
High Fiber Foods for Healthy Results
Foods that Cause Constipation Problems
All Natural Health Supplements For Humans
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.