- A diet rich in vitamins and minerals from fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains will encourage shine from the inside. Make sure to the recommended supply of vitamins B and E, zinc, iron and silica. Even in this “low-fat” society, make sure you get the ‘good fats’ including essential fatty acids from flaxseed oil, dark leafy greens, sunflower seed, almonds and walnuts.
Moisturize from the inside out by drinking eight glasses of water.
- Shampoo, conditioner, and rinse:
- Choose shampoo, conditioner and styling products that are designed to increase shine.
After using gentle shampoo and a conditioner that is right for your hair texture, rinse thoroughly with cool water. Cool water closes the hair cuticle causing it to reflect light, thus giving your hair more shine.
An inexpensive way to increase shine is to use an apple cider vinegar or a lemon rinse. Simply mix one tablespoon with a cup of water and pour over your hair, then remember to rinse with cool water.
Use a clarifying shampoo once every five to seven shampoos to remove product build up.
- When you blow-dry your hair, blow in a downward direction to avoid lifting the cuticle. Aim the blow dryer from the roots to the ends. If your hair is damaged or dry, use only medium heat. It is also advisable to use a product to protect your hair from the heat such as LC Legacy's Shine & Protect.
Whenever possible, avoid the blow dryer and let your hair air-dry.
- If you have covered all the bases above, and still want more, try one or more of many shine enhancers to get a glassy shine.
Your hairdresser will be able to offer you one of several semi-permanent glossers. These are salon treatments designed to impart shine for approximately six weeks. For example Redken’s “Shade EQ Equalizing Conditioning Color Gloss” gives you a choice of clear shine or a glosser with color added.
Look for spray shine, pomade, wax, drops or serum. All of these can be found in department stores or your salon and will put the finishing touches on your fashionable, shiny style.
Get shine PLUS conditioning and sun protection in a light mist suitable for even fine hair only from LC Legacy Shine & Protect.
Dress Me Now !
Click Here For fashion and lifestyle sense for Real Women with Real Bodies!
For product recommendations browse For Shine.