Guest Author - Vanette (Vannie) Ryanes
Grilled Spicy Korean Style Beef Sandwiches are highly seasoned and delicious. Be prepared to marinade the beef overnight so plan ahead when you want to make the dish.
2/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/3 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 1/3 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound 5 1/3 ounces boneless beef sirloin tip roast
4 French bread rolls
2/3 head lettuce, shredded
1 1/3 tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
Directions for Marinade
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. Slowly stir in oil. Place beef sirloin roast in a plastic bag or covered bowl, pour in the soy mixture. Seal and refrigerate overnight, turning the bag a few times to distribute the marinade. Leave overnight.
To Cook Beef
Preheat grill to medium-low heat.
1. Drain meat and discard marinade.
2. Grill, covered, until desired doneness is reached; turn occasionally.
3. Using an instant read thermometer, figure 140°F for medium.
4. When done, let rest for 10 minutes off the heat to let juices distribute evenly.
5. Slice thinly and serve on French bread rolls with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, mustard and mayonnaise.
An alternative to grilling the roast whole, is to cut the meat into thin strips before marinating. Decrease marinating time to 4 hours and quickly grill strips on both sides over high heat.
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe curtesy of Meals.com